Wednesday, December 31, 2008
This is one of my favorite photos from Christmas...Santa brought Ashlyn a Barbie vanity for Christmas, along with a real make-up set. It was one of her favorite things she got and had already spent hours primping...Kevin wanted to spend some alone time with Ashlyn so they played salon....Kevin chose the purple glitter fingernail polish....what can I say...he's a GEM!
I'll post more Christmas photos soon....hope you all had a great Christmas too!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Here are just a few things we've done this month:
* Katelyn's Piano Recital: I just posted a clip of this, but she did great for being so new to piano (only 4 months) and being the first on the program. My mom came up for the day, which was tons of fun. We missed Paul and Paulette though....they're still in Atlanta on their mission!
* Decorating for Christmas: I love this time of year and pulling out the Christmas decorations! It was fun to decorate in our new house...although I sware some of our decorations are still in our storage unit! I love my grandma's antique piano - she passed away in May and I inherited her piano. It's so beautiful and has so many memories...it really brings a lot of warmth to our home!
* Obsessed with Biggest Loser: I've always loved The Biggest Loser, but for some reason I really got into this season. I was sooooo excited when Michelle won the big finale - I really could not stand Icky Vicky, Brady, Heba and Ed. Although Heba won the $100,000 prize I am so glad no one else went home with any money!
* Recommitting to Weight Watchers: I have decided to recommitt to Weight Watchers and love their new "Momentum" program....although it's always hard to start in the middle of the holidays! I've had some slip ups, but at least I'm still going to my meetings and working out more. The other day I couldn't sleep so I went to the gym at 5:30 am and walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes, did the eliptical for 27 minutes and strengh-trained by another 20 minutes...so proud of myself!! Now if it would just quit snowing I can make it back again this week!
* Vegas Bowl: Kevin just took his annual trip to the Vegas Bowl with this brothers to see BYU play (and lose :() It's fun for him to go, but always crazy this time of year while he's away. My mom came up for the day and we had lots of fun with the kids. We made pretzel hugs for the kids teachers (sadly they're all gone becuase we kept eating them :), cleaned the house and did luandry (my mom is wonderful....she can't leave our house without helping in some way), watched Christmas movies, played games and went to dinner to eat. She stayed over night and had to drive home in a bad snow storm...she passed a 31 car pile up on I-15....so glad she's okay!
* Getting Ready for Christmas: Still have tons to do and can't beleive it's only 3 days away! Didn't get Christmas cards done...but have scrapbooking like crazy making last-minute gifts...here's a year-end-review layout I did:
Just wanted to share a clip of Katelyn's first piano recital - she started piano in September and has done very well. She loves it...and we can't get her to quit tinkering on the piano! This was her first Christmas recital and she was the very first on the program so she was a little nervous at first, but I'm so proud of her getting brave and performing her song!
Here's some other pictures of the day...
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Just wanted to let everyone know about our awesome "Friends & Family Holiday Sale" - where we're opening our warehouse doors for the first-time-ever to our local customers! We're offering 20% off our entire warehouse - we've never offered a deal like this before so it's an awesome opportunity for local scrapbookers!!
What: MemoryWorks Friends & Family Holiday Sale
20% Off All Scrapbook Supplies!!
When: Thursday, December 11, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Satuday, December 13, 2008
*The first 50 shoppers will receive a FREE BasicGrey Rub-on. Everyone will receive a FREE catalog and supplement!
** All shoppers will receive 20% off all in-stock products, limited-edition holiday sets and gift packages, and exclusive kits. Save 20% on all brands and new releases, including BasicGrey, Cosmo Cricket, Crate Paper, Fancy Pants, We R Memory Keepers, Provo Craft, American Crafts, Doodlebug, Pebbles and so much more!!
1185 N. WASHINGTON BLVD.
NO. OGDEN/HARRISVILLE, UT
(We're located right off Washington Blvd., behind the Green Touch building, in the Mountain View Office & Warehouse building!)
Bring a friend - Everyone's invited!!
Don't miss it - we'd love to see you there!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Yay - check it out....here is just one of our new family photos...finally! Kevin's darling cousin Kellie is an awesome photographer and my mom has been begging to do our entire family photos together for the longest time. We finally decided to do it in this year and set a date in September....but couldn't do them becuase of the rain and wind that day. We then set a day in October, got all ready, drove to Riverside, Utah to the old country barn and found out 5 minutes right before we were supposed to take photos that Chris's (my brother's wife) mother just had a stroke - her and Morgan had to go to Bountiful so we took as many photos as we could without them, but again had to set another date for all of the photos....so we finally met again a couple of weeks ago and here's on of the photos of our individual family that I love....can't wait to see the rest!! Great Job Kellie....hope you don't minde that I snagged the proof from your photoblog!!
If you anyone would like their photos done from Kelly I highly reccomend her:
All I have to say is....yummy!!! I went to the midnight viewing of the Twilight movie with 12 other moms from my ward and neighborhood....so totally worth it! We all met at Julie's house at 9:00 pm, and then went to Chili's to eat before the show! I drank so much Diet Coke before the movie to help me stay awake during the movie, that I had to go to the restroom so bad that I missed the best part of the movie...when Edward and Bella kissed on her bed!!! I was so mad....I had waited for that scene all night....oh well.
Overall the movie was great - although it could have been a little longer and some of the characters could have been developed a little more....but still an awesome show and I can't wait to drag Kevin to see it with me!! Can't wait for New Moon now!!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Hope you all have a great Halloween....I'll post photos of ours and can't wait to see yours too!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Thursday, October 9, 2008
So, I've got some pretty BIG NEWS that I have to share (no, I'm not pregnant!!) It's big news for us as it's something I never thought would happen at this stage in our lives....just when you think life is crazy enough and there's already too much to handle Heavenly Father always throws you a curve ball!!
Two weeks ago our ward split....there were over 800 people in the ward and a huge primary (200) children, so it was definately time for a change. I was perfectly content in my easy Primary Pianist position - it fit in so nicely with my life, not too much stress and work, just a Sunday calling that I could easily do each week! Well....2 days after the announcement of the new ward boundries Kevin and I got a call from the bishopric that they'd like to come over and meet with us. I just knew it was another big calling for Kevin becuase I assumed Heavnely Father just knew there wasn't much more I could add to my plate....but when the bishop extended the of PRIMARY PRESIDENT to me I was blown away. I seriously had to have him repeat it becuase I thought I misunderstood him!!
So.....I am officially the new Primary President!! I jokingly asked the bishop if he was sure he prayed about it....and he said that all of the bishopric members had a definate spiritual experience when coming up with my name. I really needed to hear that as it helped confirm that if my Heavenly Father beleives I can do it at this time and trusts me with this calling...than I know I can do it (of course, with a lot of guidance and support from Him...)
I'm actually really excited (I know I'm crazy)....we had our first presidency meeting on Tuesday. We met at 6:30 pm and didn't finish until 11:45 pm - REALLY! Where the ward split - we lost half of the primary and almost all of our primary workers - no nursery workers, no music leader, no pianist, no scout leaders, and literally no teachers. So we are really starting from the ground up....learning and working alot, but I have already felt His inspiration and blessings. Kevin used to say when he was in the bishopric that somehow he was just blessed with peace and patience - he wouldn't get annoyed with phone calls, questions, visiting or when his position called for him to be away from home and family. It's amazing how I feel that too...not resentment that I have to spend time doing primary work, but instead contentment and happiness that I'm able to serve....and I so need that in my life right now! So really I'm the one being blessed....
Last time I posted was right before the "Just for Her" Women's Fair - so glad that's done! Things went great for the most part - except in my first presentation I got a little ahead of myself with my notes and powerpoint...but it's all good!
Here's an article that was published in the Standard right before the show...kind of cool how they highlighted MemoryWorks. They came to our warehouse and took photos of my projects, our products and me...the article was in the "Hers" section and it doesn't show it all online, but here's just a glimpse:
This is huge for us, as it was one of the first times we've been in the local newspaper (after 6 years in busines and several press releases!) ...so in typical blog fashion I am assuming all bragging privlages!! The photo at the top of the blog is one of the photos that was included in the article - thats my Ashlyn and projects I did for the September MemoryWorks Express kit!!
October 2008 MemoryWorks Express Kit
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Look where I'll be all day Tuesday, September 23...I was asked to speak at the Just for Her Women's Fair at Weber state University! I'm excited and very nervous..not neccessarily to speak becuase I love presenting about MemoryWorks and scrapbooking...but just nervous becuase I still need to put my presentation together - Yikes!
Here's the schedule if anyone wants to go - in between my sessions I want to hit Don Aslett and Angel Shannon....I've convinced my mom to come with me so that will be fun!
Also check out these photos from Paullette's blog - Daina and Sherm took these with their web cam when Bryan and Preston were visiting them in Seattle...we couldn't even tell who they were at first!!
So funny - huh. We're all getting web cams so we can "talk" to Paul and Paullette while they're on their mission in Atlanta....and you can bet this is the first thing we're going to try out - so I'll be sure to post our own photos!
Talk to you soon!
Monday, September 8, 2008
9. Yard, Dirt, Mud!! We are knee deep in getting our sprinklers finished so we can plant our grass before fall. Kevin has been working every morning, every night and every Saturday for the past month...we miss him and will be so glad when it's finished. We'll also be glad when we don't have mud and dirt everywhere!
So there you go....my reasons for not posting!! Actually...things seem to finally be slowing down...HA! Until next time...:)
Monday, August 11, 2008
Anyways we are so proud of our accomplishments and we did it with a fairly small budget and staff - it was awesome to see our team come together. Now everyone is wondering when our next retreat will be...and to be honest we will probably wait another year to do one. Although this retreat was a huge success...we need another year to regroup and really focus on our basic MemoryWorks program. Becuase we were so busy with preperations for the retreat...some of our basic programs got put on the back burner so we're taking a year to get back to business and then we'll be able to better determine when our next retreat will be....but the good news is we WILL be doing another one!!